This web page has been created to support the Church in Australia in meeting its requirements under Pope Francis’ apostolic letter motu proprio Vos Estis Lux Mundi.
It is designed especially to facilitate reports from clerics and members of Institutes of Consecrated Life and Societies of Apostolic Life regarding crimes of sexual abuse committed by clerics and members of Institutes of Consecrated Life and Societies of Apostolic Life, and the concealing of crimes of sexual abuse by Bishops and their equivalents.
Other people can complete the attached reporting form, but are encouraged to first review this page on the Australian Catholic Bishops Conference website about reporting allegations of abuse.
Please find below a range of documents:
- Vos Estis Lux Mundi full document
- Implementation of Vos Estis Lux Mundi in Australia
- Vos Estis Lux Mundi -- Summary and Reporting Process
- Diagram for Reporting -- Vos Estis Lux Mundi
- Report of Canonical Crime Form
- A Complaint Concerning Bishops and Supreme Moderators of Congregations
- Contact details for Bishops
- Contact details for Directors of Professional Standards Offices
If you are submitting a Report of Canonical Crime Form, you must send a copy of the Form to the Director of the Professional Standards Office where you live AND to the Bishop of the Diocese, Eparchy or Ordinariate where the crimes are alleged to have occurred.
If you have any questions about the implementation and/or application of Vos Estis Lux Mundi in Australia, please email the Bishops Conference’s Secretariat for Canon Law.